Statement of Beliefs
We acknowledge that Christ Jesus rules supreme over all and there is none higher than He. His Word is the final and perfect authority for all mankind in all matters that pertain to life and faith. He is the object of our worship, the author of our faith, and the lover of our souls. By these things, we affirm and adopt the following as our Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe that God offers to everyone forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love, meaning in life and the promise of heaven when life is over by entering and experiencing a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We are called to take this message to people everywhere.
- We believe in one true God: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe He is self-existent and self-revealing in three divine persons, perfect and infinite in His being, holiness, love, wisdom and power.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by inspiration, are the infallible record of the perfect, final and authoritative revelation of God’s will and work, and contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, revealer of God’s glory, born of a virgin, lived a perfect and sinless life, gave Himself in obedience to the cross as the Lamb of God slain for the sins and penalties of mankind, was raised from the dead and glorified, ascended into heaven as our only Savior and Lord, and He shall come again personally and visibly to raise and translate His Bride, the Church, establish His Kingdom, and raise and judge the dead.
- We believe that man and woman were created by God, made in His image, and due to the transgression of the first man and woman, all became fallen creatures and alienated from fellowship with God with no hope for restoration apart from faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His completed work on the Cross.
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in whom all those who believe have eternal life, adoption into the family of God, and membership in the Body of Christ; that every spiritual blessing needed for life and godliness is conferred upon all who believe.
- We believe those who reject the gift of God’s grace and are finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost and separated from the presence of God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers; that He indwells, seals, empowers, guides, teaches and perfects all those who are born again through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the New Testament Church is a fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy; however, it has not replaced God’s love for and intentions toward Israel. We strongly affirm our support of Israel and pray for the peace of Jerusalem in accordance with Psalm 122:6 and out of obedience to the whole counsel of the Word.
- Finally, we believe that Christian character and conduct are the evidence of one’s relationship with Christ and one’s life in the community of Christ, that Christians are bound to honor the Word of God in all matters. We believe that the teachings of the Bible on such matters of marriage, divorce, and the sanctity of life are unchangeable, not open for individual interpretation, and stand as forever settled in heaven.